COME WORK WITH US
We believe that diverse experience contributes to a boarder collective perspective that will consistently lead to better products. Every person we hire makes Meskwaki, Inc. a better place to work!
Staff Accountant - Tama, IA
- Perform general accounting functions, including, but not limited to reconciliations, intercompany transactions, general ledger entries, accounts receivable/payable, and taxes
- Produce and present complete, accurate, detailed, and informative accounting reports
- Analyze financial reports and summarize financial statuses
- Perform payroll back-up duties, as needed
- Identify, investigate, and rectify accounting and reporting exceptions and errors, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Other accounting related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, and two (2) years of experience
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience preferred
Supervised by the Chief Financial Officer
Dependent on Qualifications
Meskwaki Business Centre
1496 Hwy 30
Tama, IA 52339
For more information call 641-484-9567. To submit your resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cashier/Convenience Store - Travel Plaza - Tama, IA
Cashiers are the front-line representatives of the Meskwaki Travel Plaza, providing
welcoming, professional and helpful service, while demonstrating the ability to provide a quick and
accurate check-out process. Duties include the sale of fuel, gifts, tobacco products, deli items, groceries,
and other convenience products, maintaining product stock levels, store cleaning, loss prevention, and
cashier balancing and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quick, courteous and helpful customer service;
- Greet, interact and assist customers with selection and sales of merchandise;
- Comply with all company rules and policies;
- Operate cash register and payment systems, fueling authorization systems, and CAT weigh scale;
- Perform age verification for sale of tobacco products;
- Responsible for the financial activities of assigned register, including the completion, filing, and
balancing of cash/credit/charge transactions, casino gas coupons, employee discounts, and
cashier shift reporting;
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of interior and exterior areas, such as food and beverage
stations and dispensers, work stations, shelves, retail products, floors, bathrooms, showers,
windows, and trucker lounge areas, as assigned;
- Assist in emptying garbage cans, and cleaning, shoveling and treating sidewalks, as necessary;
- Assist in setting-up displays and stocking of products throughout the store, including coolers,
shelves, counters, food station dispensers, etc., as assigned;
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining gas pump stations, and filling windshield washer fluid and paper
towels for customer use, as assigned;
- Follow safety protocols, rules, instructions and guidelines;
- Report and communicate drive-offs, thefts, illegal activities, acts or threats of violence, and
destruction of property to supervisor, management and/or law enforcement;
- Report and communicate employee and customer injuries and/or medical emergencies to
supervisor, management and/or law enforcement/emergency medical personnel;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Prefer prior work experience in front-line customer service and money handling;
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic calculations;
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate
effectively, and provide a high-level of customer service;
- Must understand, exhibit, demonstrate and maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and
ethical workplace conduct and behaviors;
- Must be available to work assigned shift and other shifts, as needed;
- Must successfully pass a background check;
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Supervised by the Cashier Shift Supervisor and/or Assistant Supervisor
$13.00 per hour, shift differential: $0.25 per hour-2 nd shift; $0.50 per hour-3 rd shift
Applications also available in the store and at the Meskwaki, Inc. Business Center.
For more information, call Human Resources at (641) 484-9500.