The Assistant Manager is primarily responsible for managing the store in the absence of the General Manager. The Assistant Manager is also responsible, in conjunction with the General Manager, for accomplishing store goals/objectives. The perfect fit for our Travel Plaza team would assist Store Management in creating a positive store culture by treating employees fairly and with respect.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Ensure implementation and enforcement of the store’s established daily procedures for operation.
- Supervise and direct the activities of other store employees when General Manager absent/when needed.
- Play a role in recruiting, hiring, training, and development of new employees
- Perform administrative duties as required by the manager.
- Maintain a clean and pleasant environment inside and outside the store, including buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Maintain cash register system and other computer applications utilized by the store.
- Help with maintaining stock levels and inventory.
- Help with ensuring the flawless execution of programs.
- Communicates and networks effectively with staff, other departments, and outside representatives in order to maintain a productive and effective operation.
- Monitor Travel Plaza environment and follow established safety procedures to provide for the safety of guests and coworkers.
- Investigate inventory variations and shortages.
- Ensure that there is delivery of excellent customer service.
- Regularly review cashier accountability sheets and records as prescribed by the store manager.
- Develop team atmosphere with employees.
- Responsible for updating gas prices on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year Degree in Business Administration or related field and three (3) years of successful experience as assistant manager of a convenience store or similar retail business or an equivalent combination of education and experience with demonstrated knowledge and experience in teambuilding and teamwork.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Be knowledgeable and proficient in P.C. word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and email (experience with various POS systems a plus).
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs. (and occasionally, up to 55 lbs.) from floor level to above shoulder height; must be able to meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and repetitive lifting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Reports to General Manager of Travel Plaza.
$29,265 to $34,850 Dependent on Experience and Qualifications.
*The Meskwaki Travel Plaza is a subsidiary of Meskwaki, Inc. Meskwaki, Inc. is the wholly owned economic development corporation of The Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa.*